background

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I made a beautiful and amazingly healthy desert last night...taking a detour from my chocolate addiction..butternut squash with butter, sugar, and cinnamon!!  Very easy...plant butternut squash seeds in spring (about April) in Texas water, water, and water some more.  When the vine dies in July it is time to pick off the squash.  Cut in half and put in oven at 400 degrees for smaller squash about 30 min.  Pull out of oven , then spread butter on each of the halves and shake a little cinnamon and sugar mixture over it.  I thought it looked like a 5 star restaurant course (you know where they take a plate, place one tomato on it with some basil hanging out looking like a green tongue and call it art) Well, obviously my husband didn't have the same idea...he actually said "I can't eat that- it looks awful"!!  I disagree and I have three left to eat in peace, because they are delish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment